Orangutan & Dayak 5D-4N
Kalimantan orangutan and Borneo Dayak Adventure Tours
Orangutan wildlife tours and Dayak Tribe
- Duration: 5 Days – 4 Nights.
- Number of peoples: unlimited.
- Best time to travel: All the years around (June,July,August are peak season)
- Start and end: Pangkalan Bun
- Flight: From and to Semarang, Pontianak, Jakarta, Banjarmasin.
- Highlight: River safari, Orangutan feeding time, Proboscis monkey, candlelight dinner.Hornbill dance, remain of headhunting, interaction with dayak daily live.
DAY 01 : PANGKALAN BUN – ORANGUTAN
Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport you will be picked up by our local staff and take you to Kumai to board on the boat. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 12m by 2.5m with a roof which forms the upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide’s team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside. Dinner and overnight on the boat. simple mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled “mineral” water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar – helpful guides and boatmen, or spend the night at the lodge near by the river (L, D).
DAY 02 : BOAT – PONDOK TANGGUI – CAMP LEAKEY
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up river for about 2 hours boating and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rainforest. En route stop at Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans, see feeding time at 09.00am. Then proceed to Camp Leakey. After lunch on the boat you will have opportunity to take small trek before see feeding time at 14.00 pm for old rehabilitation orangutan given additional foods. Overnight on the boat or at Rimba Lodge. (B,L,D).
DAY 03 : PARK – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN – BAKONSU DAYAK VILLAGE
After very early breakfast, boating down to Kumai then transfer by car and straight to the speed boat harbor. Please covered your valuable things with dry bags and put suntan lotion for sun protection. We recommend also bring soft ear plugs as the sounds of speed boat is so noisy. You will be boarding your speed boat on the Arut River before change to the Lamandau River. On the way you will pass some villages along the Lamandau River, logging company, and rapids. You will stop for lunch on the way. Upon arrival at Bakonsu Village after 4 hours drive, our guide will take you to the long house for your accommodation. Sightseeing around the villages and arrange the welcome dancing ceremony. After dinner they will ringing their gong or one of their music instrument to gathering together for this Horn Bill Dancing Party. Lots of people will join and you will be welcome like a King & Queen. Overnight at Long house.(B, L, D)
DAY 04 : BAKONSU DAYAK VILLAGE – PANGKALAN BUN
After breakfast, sightseeing around the village. If you are interested to collect some Dayak Artifacts such as the mask, mat, and carvings this is one of the place that available for this kind of stuffs. After packing your luggage, drive down back to Pangkalan Bun by speed boat. On the way stop at Kotawaringin Palace and sightseeing surrounding. Lunch on the way. Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun, drive by car back to your hotel. Free program at your own leisure. Overnight at Hotel at Pangkalan Bun. (B,L,D).
DAY 05 : PANGKALAN BUN – END
After breakfast transfer by car to Pangkalan Bun airport for your next destination.TOURS END (B)
Tour Land Price:
||Price / person
|2 Nights Lodge, 1 N Longhouse, 1 N city
||US $ 950
|1 N Lodge, 1 N boat , 1 N Longhouse, 1 N city
||US $ 900
|2 Nights boat , 1 N Longhouse, 1 N city
||US $ 800
Stay at rimba lodge based on Twinshare, Single Occupation additional charge USD 64/night/room. Extra bed additional charge USD 18/night.
Cost Including :
- Return transfer from & to Pangkalan bun airport.
- Boat Transport : A wooden river boat about 12m by 2m / klotok with a roof that forms the upper deck, a great place for viewing the Surrounds, Toilet facilities and very basic shower facilities aboard the klotok.
- English speaking guide and own chef.
- Meals as indicated (meals on the boat serve fresh and good variety indonesia food)
- Admission fee and park entrance permit.
- Accommodation at the lodge for only in the best room / overnight on the boat with comfort mattress and at Pangkalan Bun hotel and Dayak Long house.
- Ranger donation and airport porter.
- Mineral water, Tea, coffee, snack are coming along on the boat and trekking.
- Speed boat for dayak Village.
- Dayak wecome dance.
Air schedule to Pangkalan Bun ( Detail Schedule )
Oneday connection from Jakarta
- Semarang – Pangkalan Bun : IAT 10.30 – 12.00
- Pontianak – Pangkalan Bun : IAT 07.00 – 08.00
- Pontianak – Pangkalan Bun : Kalstar 09.00 – 10.00
- Banjarmasin – Pangkalan bun : Kalstar 13.00 – 13.15
- Jakarta – Pangkalan bun : Riau air 09.50 – 11.20 ( every Sun,Mon,Wed,Fri )
- Jakarta – Pangkalan bun : Trigana air 13.50 – 15.20 ( Every Tue,Thu,Sat )
The payment could be done by
- Domestic or international wire transfer
- Credit card via Pay Pal ( Surcharge 4% )
- Western Union
- Visa and Master card online payment ( free surcharge )
How to confirm:
- You should inform us your final confirmation departure by email.
- We will provide and send the official final confirmation and invoice description.
- Pay deposit to guaranty the reservation as following :
- 25% for borneo destination only when confirmation made.
- 50% for combination program when confirmation made.
- 100% for the airfares arranged ( pay during confirmed ).
- The balance of payment could make during arrival (Cash only).
- We really appreciated for full payment in advance at least 1 week before departure date for land cost tour.
For more information, Please feel free to contact us