Orangutan Borneo 5D-4N
Visit Orangutan at tanjung puting national park
ORANGUTAN wildlife ( OT5)
- Duration: 5 Days – 4 Nights.
- Number of peoples: Unlimited.
- Best time to travel: All the years around (June,July,August are peak season).
- Start and end: Pangkalan Bun.
- Flight: From and to Semarang, Pontianak, Jakarta, Banjarmasin.
- Highlight: River safari, feeding time, Proboscis monkey, candlelight dinner, Trek through jungle.
DAY 1 : PANGKALAN BUN – KUMAI – PARK/LODGE
Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport you will be picked up by your guide and take you to Kumai for 20 minutes board on the boat. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 12m by 2.5m with roof upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide’s team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the wildlife such as long noses monkey, long tail macaque, birds along the riverside. Dinner on the boat. Overnight on the boat with mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled “mineral” water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar – helpful guides and boatmen, or spend the night at the lodge near by the river (L, D).
DAY 2 : PARK – PONDOK TANGGUY – CAMP LEAKEY – BOAT/LODGE
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up the river for Pondok Tanguy, the third rehabilitation center for orangutans, see feeding time at 09.00am.Afterward continuing by 1 ½ hours boating and then up a side creek through tea colored water where you will see the the magnificent reflection from the vegetation along the river, when lucky with us, the fresh water crocodile and other wildlife attraction could find a long river bank. Depart at Camp Leakey where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rain forest and also known as research center for Orangutan. Trekking through tropical rainforest searching for wildlife, wild orangutan, birds and other rainforest animals as well as tropical jungle plant. Back to the boat for lunch then witness feeding time at 14.00 pm for old rehabilitation orangutan given additional foods. Dinner on the boat. Overnight on the boat or at Rimba Lodge. (B,L,D).
DAY 3 : CAMP LEAKEY 2ND VISIT
Today, we will take other different trek and hike deeper in to the jungle at camp leakey, as the previous day, we will observing and searching wildlife surrounding Camp Leakey area. Dinner on the boat, overnight at rimba lodge or on the boat.
DAY 4 : BOAT/LODGE – PONDOK TANGUY- TANJUNG HARAPAN – BOAT/LODGE
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up the river for Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans, see feeding time at 09.00am. Hike through the forest of Pondok Tanggui searching for wildlife including wild orangutan, birds and others. Afterward continuing the trip to Pesalat reforestation camp, See the process of reforestation project. Afternoon visit Tanjung Harapan Rehabilitation center to witness feeding time for rehabilitant orangutan at 15.00. Free afternoon program or visiting the village near by the park, enjoy canoeing around the river. Boating down the river during the night while having dinner you may enjoy observing fire flies a long nipah palm mangrove. ( Depend to the weather, rainy season and full moon are not good to see them ). Dinner on the Boat. overnight at the lodge or on the boat. (B,L,D)
DAY 5 : PARK – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT
Free morning program until time transfer to Kumai then to Pangkalan Bun airport for next destination.(B)
NOTE : We provide all meals on the boat. If you would like to have meals at the Lodge ( Dinner ), it will be your own expenses
Our Best Deal Price for private departure: Price per person
( Price chance with/without prior notice)
|3 – 4
|4 Nights Lodge
|2 Nights Lodge, 2 Nights Boat
|1 Night Lodge, 3 Nights boat
|4 Nights boat
Stay at rimba lodge based on Twinshare, Single Occupation additional charge USD 44/night/room. Extra bed additional charge USD 18/night.
- Return transfer from & to Pangkalan bun airport.
- Boat Transport : A wooden river boat about 12m by 2m / klotok.
- English speaking guide and own chef.
- Meals as indicated , all meals serve on the boat.
- Admission fee and park entrance permit.
- Accommodation at the lodge for ( emerald ) based for twinshare or on the boat.
*** Additional charge US$ 44/night for single occupation at the lodge
- Ranger donation and airport porter.
- Mineral water, Tea, coffee, snack are coming along on the boat and trekking.
- Flight arrangement throughout Indonesia
Air schedule to Pangkalan Bun ( Detail Schedule )
Oneday connection from Jakarta
- Semarang – Pangkalan Bun : IAT 10.30 – 12.00
- Pontianak – Pangkalan Bun : IAT 07.00 – 08.00
- Pontianak – Pangkalan Bun : Kalstar 09.00 – 10.00
- Banjarmasin – Pangkalan bun : Kalstar 13.00 – 13.15
- Jakarta – Pangkalan bun : Riau air 09.50 – 11.20 ( every Sun,Mon,Wed,Fri )
- Jakarta – Pangkalan bun : Trigana air 13.50 – 15.20 ( Every Tue,Thu,Sat )
The payment could be done by
- Domestic or international wire transfer
- Credit card via Pay Pal ( Surcharge 4% )
- Western Union
- Visa and Master card online payment ( free surcharge )
How to confirm:
- You should inform us your final confirmation departure by email.
- We will provide and send the official final confirmation and invoice description.
- Pay deposit to guaranty the reservation as following :
- 25% for borneo destination only when confirmation made.
- 50% for combination program when confirmation made.
- 100% for the airfares arranged ( pay during confirmed ).
- The balance of payment could make during arrival (Cash only).
- We really appreciated for full payment in advance at least 1 week before departure date for land cost tour.
For more information, Please feel free to contact us