Camp leakey & Bamboo rafting 4D
Orangutan wildlife, Bamboo rafting, Floating market tours
Borneo Orangutan, floating market and Bamboo rafting adventure tours
- Duration : 7 Days – 6 Nights
- Number of peoples : Unlimited
- Best time to travel : All the years around ( June,July,August are peak season )
- Start : Pangkalan Bun
- End : Banjarmasin
- Flight : From and to Semarang, Pontianak, Banjarmasin
- Highlight : River safary, Orangutan feeding time, Proboscis monkey, candlelight dinner.Traditional bamboo rafting, floating market, semi traditional Diamond mining
- General Information : Click here
DAY 1 : PANGKALAN BUN – KUMAI – PARK
Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport you will be picked up by our local staff and take you to Kumai to board on the boat. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden river boat about 6m by 2m with a roof which forms the upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide’s team includes the boatman, a cook and expert guide. In the peaceful afternoon we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside. Dinner and overnight on the boat. simple mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled “mineral” water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar – helpful guides and boatmen, (L, D).
DAY 2 : PARK – CAMP LEAKEY – BOAT
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up river for about 2½ hours boating and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans are reintroduced into the rain forest and also known as research center for Orangutan. Trekking through tropical rainforest searching for wildlife, wild orangutan, birds and other primate as well as tropical jungle plant. Back to the boat for lunch then witness feeding time at 14.00 pm for old rehabilitation orangutan given additional foods. Overnight on the boat (B,L,D).
DAY 3 : BOAT/LODGE – PONDOK TANGUY- TANJUNG HARAPAN
After breakfast board the klotok to travel up the river for Pondok Tanguy, the rehabilitation center for ex-captive orangutans, see feeding time at 09.00am. Hike through the forest of Pondok Tanggui searching for wildlife including wild orangutan, birds and others. Afterward continuing the trip to Pesalat reforestation camp, See the process of reforestation project. Afternoon visit Tanjung Harapan Rehabilitation center to witness feeding time for rehabilitant orangutan at 15.00. Free afternoon program, we could visit village near by park, enjoy canoeing around the river. Overnight on the boat or< at Rimba Lodge. (B,L,D).
(Additional program when the weather is good, night walking around Pesalat or Pondok Tanggui searching for nocturnal animal & glowing mushroom or just boat slowly down the river for fireflies.)
DAY 4 : BOAT/LODGE – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT – BANJARMASIN
Free morning program until time transfer to Kumai then to Pangkalan Bun airport fly to Banjarmasin . Upon your arrival at Syamsuddinnoor airport, meeting service with your guide/assistance who will escort you to Banjarmasin city where you will stay. ( dinner at local restourant ) O/N : Victoria hotel (B, L,D)
Tour Land Price : start from US $ /person
Cost Including in Banjarmasin:
- Pick up service from hotel .
- Admission fee
- Hotel at Victoria and Amandit river lodge
- Bamboo rafting
- Land transport
Including at Orangutan
- Return transfer from & to Pangkalan bun airport.
- Boat Transport : A wooden river boat about 12m by 2m / klotok with a roof that forms the upper deck, a great place for viewing the Surrounds, Toilet facilities and very basic shower facilities aboard the klotok.
- Accomodation 2 nights on the boat
- Entrance permit and ranger donation
Cost including for all sector :
- English speaking Guide and own cook
- Fullboard meals as indicated ( B,L,D )
- Mineral water snack, coffee and tea along trekking and on the boat.
- Airfares from Pangkalan Bun to Banjarmasin